Announcement March 24, 2023
We regret to inform you that the Tenderfoot Boogie event will be altered this year due to permitting issues. However, it will still take place as a Club Fat Ass (CFA) event, with modifications to the race route.
We will strive to hold true to Gottfried’s vision of fun, low key, community-based events on beautiful trails. Additionally, due to challenges with the highway section, the race route will be modified.
Full course details and GPX routes will be forthcoming. We plan on having ~13k, 25k, and 50k, and will start/finish at the Cal-Cheak recreation area, south of Whistler, BC. This will be a CFA event in the spirit of do it yourself – no course marking, no or limited aid, and you must be a member of CFA to participate.
We will refund registrants their race fees.
We hope you can join us for the CFA Tenderfoot Boogie event.
Traditional Event Details – not valid for 2023
On Saturday June 24, 2023 – the Tenderfoot Boogie will take you from Squamish to Whistler. Through lush forests and around glacier-fed streams and rivers, you’ll experience the timeless beauty of the Sea-to-Sky corridor. All races finish in Meadow Park, Whistler.
Please note there are no dogs or pacers allowed on this course.
Additional race information will be emailed to you prior to race day. Also, keep an eye out on the website and follow Trail Whisperer on social media as we provide more details.
All races finish at Meadow Park in Whistler where you will be treated to a post-race BBQ.
Start time is 9:30am at Function Junction in Whistler. Shuttle will depart Meadow Park at 8:30am.
Start time is 8:00am at Brandywine Falls Provincial Park parking lot. Shuttle will depart Meadow Park at 7:00am.
Start time is 6:00am at the end of Paradise Valley Road (7.5km from Sea to Sky Hwy) in Squamish. Shuttle will depart Meadow Park at 4:30am.
The last day to register for the Tenderfoot Boogie is June 22, 2023 and there will be no race day registration available.
- Early (before March 31) – $65
- Regular (April 1 – June 22) – $75
- Early (before March 31) – $90
- Regular (April 1 – June 22) – $100
- Early (before March 31) – $125
- Regular (April 1 – June 22) – $135
Registration pricing is in CAD and includes your event t-shirt, race bib, fully stocked aid stations, finish line food, finisher’s medal.
* Registration for Tenderfoot Boogie is currently suspended – see announcement above for further details.*
The 13km and 28km routes take place in Whistler and the 50km route starts in Squamish and finishes in Whistler.
How to Get There
The 13km route starts at 9:30am at Function Junction in Whistler.
The 28km route starts at 8:00am at the Brandywine Falls Provincial Park parking lot south of Whistler.
The 50km route starts at 6:00am at the end of Paradise Valley Road – 7.5km from the Sea to Sky Highway in Squamish.
Where To Stay
Whistler accommodation can be pricey, so it is recommended to book well ahead. Campsites provide a more affordable option.
Due to the remote location of the race, aid will be limited. Please be prepared, plan to carry lots of water and nutrition. First Aid personnel will be onsite.
Aid stations will be located at the following distances and will include pop and water, energy gels and bars, various candy, chips and fresh fruit:
|Chance Creek Forest Rd||17km|
|Brandywine Falls Parking Lot||27km|
- Aid Station #1: Rainbow Trailhead – 8km
- Aid Station #1: Function Junction – 13km
- Aid Station #2: Rainbow Trailhead – 21km
- Aid Station #1: Chance Creek Forest Rd – 17km
- Aid Station #2: Brandywine Falls Parking Lot – 27km
- Aid Station #3: Function Junction – 40km (Drop bags available here)
- Aid Station #4: Rainbow Trailhead – 48km
Race Package Pick-Up
- Thursday June 22 & Friday June 23, 2023 – Running Room North Vancouver (2601 Westview Dr) from 4pm – 7pm
The Tenderfoot Boogie course runs along the Sea-to-Sky Corridor from Squamish to Whistler, BC. The 50 Mile and 50 Mile Relay (not open for 2023) start in Squamish. The 50km joins the course near the Tenderfoot Hatchery just north of Squamish. The 28km joins in at Brandywine Falls and the 13km starts at Function Junction, just south of Whistler.
The course provides all the terrain the west coast has to offer. Occasionally you will cross the Sea-to-Sky highway to continue in the trails, and there are a few sections where you will run on the road as the only option available. Regardless, there will be volunteers stationed along the course to ensure you stay safe and keep heading towards Whistler.
This course has an ascent of 615m and descent of 590m.
Download the 13km route .gpx file
This course has an ascent of 800m and descent of 645m.
Download the 28km route .gpx file
This course has an ascent of 1300m and descent of 760m.
Download the 50km route .gpx file
Poles are allowed in all of the race distances.
- Top Male and Female competitor in the 13km race will each receive CAD$25 gift certificate
- Top Male and Female competitor in the 28km race will each receive CAD$50 gift certificate
- Top Male and Female competitor in the 50km ultra will each receive a CAD$100 gift certificate
- All finishers will receive a Finisher Medal
Once the top three in each distance have crossed the finish line we will have a brief podium ceremony presenting the gift cards and 1, 2, 3 medals. There is no set time for each ceremony; however, they will be shortly after the top three are in!
- Male: (none)
- Female: Karen Blom – 1:50:22 – 2018
- Male: Guy Poldon – 2:32:42 – 2019
- Female: Kathy McKay – 2:56:43 – 2012
- Male: Connor Meakin – 4:25:45 – 2014
- Female: Karine Travaillaud – 5:33:27 – 2017
- 50 Mile Relay
- Leah Montgomery, Daniel Heath, Chris Nicholson – 9:57:51 – 2012
- 50 Mile
- Male: Jonathon Garnett – 7:41:25 – 2013
- Female: Heather Moore – 8:59:00 – 2016
For information about bib transfers, cancellations and deferrals for this race, please refer to our Event Policies.