Volunteering is an important role for any trail race. You are the “face” of the race, supporting the racers through all aspects of the race, as well as being good Trail Whisperer ambassadors for spectators, other volunteers and the public. This is why you will receive a ton of appreciation from race organizers and racers alike! To be a good volunteer, you will:
- Review the racecourse.
- Read and follow all volunteer information/instructions and ask questions if you are not sure of something.
- Arrive and check-in at your scheduled time.
- Be prepared for changing weather conditions.
- Bring a snack or lunch and water, as you may be out on course for a while.
- Be ready to cheer on all racers (as if we must tell you that!)
- Provide any feedback following the race on where we can make improvements for racers and volunteers.
Volunteers will receive the following perks:
- Finish line food.
- Event t-shirts.
- 20% off the next Frosty Mountain Event.
- Unending gratitude from the organizers.
- Sense of community and giving back to the sport of trail running.
- Thank you’s and high fives from the runners.
- Volunteer hours.
We will do our best to place you in the volunteer position of your choice. If you would prefer a specific location, please note it in the additional comments section.
Positions such as Pre-Race Course Sweeps and Post-Race Course Sweeps will need a good familiarity/understanding of the race course/trails and may require previous experience. Pre-Race Course Sweeps need experience running in the dark and being quick enough to keep in front of a stampeding herd of racers!
Please note all volunteers must register online via the button below. Volunteers are required to sign an event waiver.
Thank you for volunteering!!!